IperionX & Native American Indian Association STEM Scholarships
IperionX is partnering with the Native American Indian Association (NAIA) of Tennessee to award two (2) $2,500 scholarships to Native American students studying STEM in Tennessee.
The NAIA is a service agency for Native Americans residing in Tennessee. It is a private non-profit 502(c)(3) agency established in 1980 to help improve the quality of life for Native American people in the state of Tennessee and raise awareness of the history and current status of Native Americans. The NAIA is focused on providing social services and other forms of assistance to Native Peoples including health, education, welfare, employment, and other services.
NAIA represents the concerns of more than 30,000 Native American residents of Tennessee. NAIA strives to represent all Native Americans regardless of sex or tribe. Because there are no reservations in Tennessee, there has been no state or federal recognition of the Native population and no services directed to them.
IperionX recognizes the ambition to increase Native American representation in the STEM industry and would like to be part of the change. This scholarship was created to help Native American students studying or residing in Tennessee with their undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate studies within the STEM industry.
- Must be part of a state or federally recognized Native American tribe
- Must be currently studying or residing in the state of Tennessee
- Must be studying a STEM-related degree
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate students may apply
- Contact email and phone number
- Degree program and name of college or university
- Written statement as a PDF or Microsoft DOC file answering the following:
- What drew you to study STEM and what are your goals after graduation?
Please submit applications as a PDF or Microsoft DOC file directly to [email protected] applications are open through 11:59pm CT on May 1, 2023. Scholarship recipients will be announced by May 31, 2023.
The recipient is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with earned winnings.