IperionX Engineering Diversity Scholarship
Our mission to usher in the Titanium Age is powered by proprietary technologies invented by Dr. Zhigang Zak Fang at the University of Utah and developed with funding from the United States Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Programs Agency – Energy program. These technologies enable us to produce low-cost titanium metal from either titanium minerals or scrap titanium metal. Our team of engineers at the IperionX Pilot Facility in Salt Lake City, Utah are currently producing titanium metal powders from 100% recycled titanium scrap.
IperionX is excited to offer two (2) $2,500 scholarships for Engineering students in Utah for the academic year 2023-24. These scholarships are open to all currently enrolled undergraduate students regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or socioeconomic background.
Applications are open through 11:59pm on July 1, 2023. Please submit applications to [email protected] as a PDF or Microsoft DOC file. Scholarship recipients will be announced by 11:59pm on July 31, 2023.
- Open to all undergraduate students pursuing Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Sciences, or Mechanical Engineering degrees
- Attending a college or university as an undergraduate student in the state of Utah for the 2023-24 academic year
- Resume including:
- Contact information
- Name of college or university
- Extracurriculars (if applicable)
- Written statement as a PDF or Microsoft DOC file answering the following:
- (250-500 words) What experiences have you had that have led you to pursue a career in a STEM field, and how has your identity influenced your journey?
- (250-500 words) Why is it important for people from diverse backgrounds to be represented in STEM fields, and how do you see yourself contributing to this effort?
Applications are now open. Please submit applications to [email protected] by 11:59pm on July 1, 2023. Scholarship recipients will be announced by 11:59pm on July 31, 2023 .
The recipient is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with earned winnings.